Catastrophic lid failure

After nearly a year of working just fine, suddenly the lid to my Glowforge simply fell apart, front and back. It seems that all the glue holding the glass let go simultaneously. Not good! Is it fixable?

1 Like

Not sure. If it’s still under warranty, it probably means a return to the mothership. You can post or email them some photos so they can assess the situation.

So sorry to hear that. :frowning:

1 Like

And if it is out of warranty, be sure to check with your credit card company to see if they automatically extend warranties. Amex typically doubles (up to an additional year), and it looks like for most US customers (Indiana excluded), their Platinum card adds 2 additional years beyond the manufacturer’s warranty). The two year coverage seems to be a new(er) feature and may not have been in place when you ordered. But you probably WOULD be covered for the up to an additional year if on Amex. I believe Discover and other cards frequently have similar coverage.

2 Likes

Hi @burl - can you please email photos of the issue to support@glowforge.com so we can take a look? Please also note when this happened. I am going to close this thread - if anyone else has any other issues please don’t hesitate to start a new thread or email us.