Celtic Knot Trivet

Ok, just a quick update…I listened to the advise, made some changes and made 2 of them. Yes my sister-in-law will still get one but not the prototype. The second one is for my daughter but the bestest surprise of all is I get to keep the prototype for me.

I tossed together a son-in-law gift today but I’m gonna remake it as well, tweak it a bit and make it nicer

I did the artwork from a photo

F150Logo

10 Likes

what are the different layers made of? way cool!

3 Likes

The trivet has a base of some white hardwood, not sure what it is, the 2nd is cherry plywood proofgrade and the 3rd is some deep red hardwood, Just stuff I had laying around. The key fob is mirrored acrylic, balck acrylic and some more of that deep red wood I had.

3 Likes

Be careful. If the first gifts you give are this good, they are going to expect something extra spectacular next year. Well done!

3 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Well, if I did this in just under a week, I have a whole year to figure something better off. If I don’t then my family always tell me I’m a disappointment so it’s win/win.

1 Like

Very nice work! Nobody could be disappointed by that gift!

2 Likes

Did some research last night, the dark red wood is Padauk and the base white wood is Aspen. Purchased from http://ocoochhardwoods.com/scroll-saw-lumber/ in 2018. They have exotic woods in thicknesses from 1/16 to 3/4 incase anyone might be looking.

2 Likes