Celtic Knots - First project on my new GF

My Glowforge arrived on Wednesday. I barely had time to get it set up before the festivities of Thanksgiving began. I spent some time drawing yesterday, and today I printed my logo on a coaster. I used a manual setting for the knotwork - the pro setting was too crispy when it finished. Can’t wait to get into figuring out all the fun things one can do on it. :slight_smile:

44 Likes

Looks great! I like the use of both cultural elements, four leaf clover and the knot.
Being new to CNC and lasers the exploration of the tech has been so much fun for me.

4 Likes

Beautiful design! Congrats on getting your forge. :grinning:

3 Likes

Love your design.

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

Oh my God, they Killkenny!

7 Likes

Yeah. You would not believe how many times I’ve heard that… Even had to change my email address at one point because people just wouldn’t stop saying it. :wink:

7 Likes

Sorry! :laughing:

2 Likes

Welcome! Cool logo - hope to see it on many future projects. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love Celtic designs … this turned out very nice!

1 Like

Would you mind sharing the knot design? I have a picture frame project that I need a knot for, and the customer also has an Irish heritage It’s beautifully done.

ken.

1 Like

We’ve been asked not to ask people to share files on the forum unless they offer up front. :wink:

(Not all people feel comfortable saying no when someone asks for a design, and it takes a lot of time and work to create them.)

Doing a Google search for “celtic knot vector” will get you lots of options for the frame though, most of which are free with attribution. I just picked up a nice collection last week. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

No problem. I appreciate the heads up. With the quantity of posts on the forum, I must have missed that.

3 Likes

No worries. This is my logo so I don’t want to have it out there for just anything. I do have other knots if you are interested. Let me know and I will see what I have to share.

2 Likes