Centering Error Message hidden by print screen

My GF stopped centering today. The error message reporting could not scan from camera was hidden by the standard print time panel on the right hand side of the screen.

It was only when I dismissed the print time panel that I could see the actual error underneath.

Also, error messages from previous prints are never cleared, leading them to stack up the screen. I think on a new print any previous print errors should be cleared. (But not file load errors).

Hello @sqw,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear your Glowforge is having some trouble.

To help troubleshoot the issue, I’ll need to look at the logs from your unit. Could you please let me know the serial number of the trouble unit?

The serial number can be found on the back of the Glowforge, printed on a sticker near the AC adapter on the right-hand side. It will look something like ABC-123-4.

Once I have this information, I’ll review the logs for your unit and follow up with the next steps. Thank you!

Hi, this is not a unit problem - this is a UI software problem - please pass to software department.

Hello @sqw,

My apologies for the miscommunication. Your feedback regarding the errors if very welcome, we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. I will ensure it gets to the proper team to correct.

You mentioned that your Glowforge is having trouble centering. Combined with the fact that you are receiving errors, it sounds as though your Glowforge might be running into some trouble when in use.

If you would like, I’m happy to take a look at the logs from your unit to confirm if there is an issue that needs to be addressed, I’ll just need to serial number of your Glowforge.

Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.