Centering Problem

So my wife was using my laptop and the GF for a cut. As she started the cut my laptop died. When I got home I have to reformat the laptop and the GF has been centering ever since. I have tried all the Troubleshooting point multiple times and also reset the internet. I’m at a lose, it was perfectly fine before the computer died.

Hi there. I’m having a hard time locating a printer tied to your account so I’d like to collect a bit more info in order to troubleshoot. I’ve gone ahead and sent you a follow up email to collect that info and look into this issue with you.

I’ll circle back and close this topic once I’ve made sure we’ve been able to get in touch via email.

I also haven’t received a email.

Aha - I’d seen an @hmail.com address tied to the account, maybe just a typo, my mistake thank you for clarifying.

Now that I’m looking in the right spot I was able to extract the logs from your Glowforge and looked at the trouble you’ve been experiencing. The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, please take a photo and attach it to your reply. Don’t try to adjust or reseat the cable until reaching back out to us.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I have checked all them, they look like they are seated properly. I can take a picture if need be.

Machine came back to life for 3 cuts then went back to centering. Clueless to what is going on.

You may want to delete your email from the forum now so it doesn’t become a spam magnet.

1 Like

Thank you for checking the cable’s connections. Since everything is connected correctly, it looks like there’s an issue with the cable itself. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I recommend we send you a replacement cable.

I see you emailed us about this also, so I’m closing this thread and I’ll be in touch there to sort out the details for getting a replacement part to you.