Cermark lmm6000

Has anyone used this? It look interesting, but it is expensive.
Thanks,
Mr.Gale

1 Like

I have not but I did write up this article recently about using a cheaper alternative called Dry Moly Lube, at less then 20$ a can, I think you’ll find it to be a better alternative.

1 Like

I’ve used Cermark but not this one. Works good but it is expensive.

1 Like

Dry Moly is a good solution for some applications. I find it doesn’t get as dark and rich a black as Cermark. But it’s $11 at my auto parts store so for things like marking my tools it’s okay. For presentation pieces I still use Cermark. Laserbond is very similar to Cermark and half to two-thirds the price. When I run out of my Cermark I’ll switch over.

A lot of folks here have done metal marking tests and even some side by side comparisons. Quick search of Dry Moly or marking metal will pull you into that rabbit hole :smile:

4 Likes

If you’re making items to sell, then include the cost of the products intended for laser marking into your price.

Dry moly is just about OK for personal use, as explained above, but you would never want to sell something marked with it.

1 Like

Had a can of expensive Laserbond sitting in a box for about a year. Somehow all of the propellant leaked out. So I popped a hole in the can and poured the remaining 12oz of liquid into an empty hand sanitizer bottle. I found the Laserbond fluid works just fine with a brush as well. Actually it probably is more cost effective to use a brush since you have more control and no overspray.

4 Likes

I remember something back about dry moly having toxic gas when lasered?

Jonathan

1 Like

I would like to resurch “Lasermark”, but I can’t find it online. Do you have a link you could share with me?
Thanks,
Gale

1 Like

Correction; called Laserbond. I corrected my post. There is also a product called Brilliance.

2 Likes

I did find this one which is ~$49 for a 12 oz can vs. ~$80 for the CERMARK LMM6000. Has anyone tried it?
Brilliance Laser Inks

BLI101 - Aerosol Black Laser Ink for Metals Marking - CO2 Laser - Fiber Laser - YAG, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, Durable, Permanent, High Contrast.

1 Like

Well, there is this from the MSDS:

Hazardous decomposition
products
Chlorine. Hydrogen chloride. Phosgene. Carbon oxides.

3 Likes

I believe @Xabbess found that one and posted about it. She may have some insight.

3 Likes

I used LaserBond 100. Can’t even find any of my posts about it right now…perhaps I’ll have more time later to do that.

2 Likes

Thanks, to everyone who took the time to reply. This community is very supportive.
Gale

1 Like