Changed Filter Still Beeping

I changed my Air Filter because the filter machine started beeping which from what I’ve read is an indication that the Filter is full. So I ordered a new one, and swapped out but I still get the beeping when I turn off the compact filter machine. So I’m thinking I didn’t do something correctly. Here are the steps I took, any feedback appreciated.

1. Unplugged Compact Filter
  2. Opened Lid and Pulled Old Cartridge
  3. There doesn’t appear to be a top or bottom to the cartridge so I just dropped the new one in
  4. Closed lid and snapped all 4 hinges

I get the normal beeps when turning on but I’m getting like 5-7 beeps when turning off.

1 Like

I resolved my issue by going through the steps again and also resetting the manual knob back to “New” which is something I forgot to do the first time. That seemed to take care of the beeping.

If you are on the Glowforge Team and seeing this. It would be great of the Filter machine had digital sensors that could be read out and calibrated in the Glowforge interface so that we could get some sort of machine driven solution. The knob being manual is subject to “how we feel it should be” which is a guessing game.

1 Like

Hi @vicberggren. I’m sorry to hear that you ran into some trouble after replacing the cartridge on your Glowforge Air Filter. I appreciate you including all the steps you took, as well as the follow up to let us know you were able to resolve it by adjusting the knob back to “New”.

We’re always appreciative of any feedback about the customer’s experience, and I will forward this information to our appropriate team.

Since the issue appears to be resolved, I will go ahead and close this thread. If you run into further trouble, feel free to open a new thread, or write us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be here to help. Thank you!

1 Like