Changing carriage plate belt

Is there an “easy” way to get the left side attached? I was at it for 2 hours using the instructions I received and I cannot get the left side to go around the pulley.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello! You can easily loosen the pulley to slacken the belt and then retention and tighten the bolt.

If you try to force it on over the pulley, it will eventually break. :frowning:

Kind regards,
William

Thank you…but how do you loosen it? I am really new to this so I hope I don’t sound totally ignorant.

A properly sized Allen wrench. I use a small ratchet and an Allen head socket along with my phone camera to see under the carriage. Takes only a minute. It’s part of my toolkit for the GlowForge. :slight_smile:

Harbor freight has cheap Allen keys and ratchets/sockets for just a few bucks. Amazon as well.

The linked article above has photos.

I should clarify that you loosen the right side pulley. The left side goes around the motor and should be the first side put on.

-William

1 Like

Thank you so much! Their instructions are right side first. I tried to find a youtube on it, but had no luck. I really appreciate your help.

No problem! Were you successful?

-William

Thanks for the assist @william.adams ! @miknmar2 would you let us know if you were able to get back up and printing?

It’s actually fairly easy. First loop the belt onto the right side pulley. Then with one hand holding the belt up to the back of the left side pulley use the other hand to push the carriage plate to the right. This will draw the belt onto the left side pulley.

1 Like

Thank you. I “assigned” the task to my husband whose fingers were able to get it on the pulley. After two hours I had had enough and last night it took him less than a minute.

Once I turned it over to my husband, it got attached.

Thank you so much for the response and willingness to help a newbie!

Marilyn

Hi @miknmar2, I’m glad to hear y’all were able to get the belt installed. That is great news! Thank you for letting us know.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out again should you need anything. We’re happy to help!