Changing Profile Name

So, when I made my profile, I thought I’d be one of the cool kids and make my profile name “I make therefore I am” in latin, because, well, its a dead language, but there are still a lot of inspirational sayings around in it. “Facio-Ergo-Sum” doesn’t role off the tongue, and nobody knows my real name, which is cool because of the witness protection thing. Does anyone know how a card carrying member (printed the card myself) of the Glowforge community can change his name? It seemed like a good idea at the time

Rich Okonski (my real name?)

4 Likes

i think this is how you do it.

my profile name was made for me, based off of email address i used. which is my throwaway “i’m buying things online and don’t want my main account to be spammed” email, so my account name became “shop.”

i thought about changing it, but eventually i just found it amusing and left it.

7 Likes

Shop is correct – there’s no way for a user to change their username in Discourse, so Support is the only option.

2 Likes

Personally I vote for Facio-Ergo-Rich!

and it’ll take 'em about 3 days to answer, so you remain the representative of a dead language for at least a little longer :slight_smile:

Someone on here created a throwaway email of glowforge@blah to buy - and talked about receiving a personal email saying “Yeah, we’re not gonna let you have that as your username” :smiley:

4 Likes

Really? I missed that one…who did it? :smile:

1 Like

I dub thee Ronk! I think it has a nice ring to it!

3 Likes

“I make therefore I am Rich”. I like that Deirdre. I appreciate the direction and feedback.

Habe mirum diem

Ricardus

1 Like

Thank you! Ronk does have a nice ring to it. I can hang with Gronk, and we can be Ronk and Gronk, although, I dare-say hanging with that boy may be the death of me. Happy making!

Ronk/Rich

2 Likes

Hey Facio,
Some joker named Rich is trying to steal your account. I’d call the FBI or Spiderman or something if I were you.

#HeWillAlwaysBeFacioToUs

1 Like

LOL, that Rich guy again?! He’s a dark-web, anti-matter, communist, free-radical.

Thanks
Glowvengers Assemble!

Facio In Veritate

2 Likes

Scott

3 Likes

Oh, yeah. I had forgotten that. Thanks for the reminder! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

To be fair, you probably read it when it happened 4 years ago - I only read it in the last year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s very very important that we never not call ourselves this.

4 Likes

We’ve followed up with you via email, we’ll just need to know what you’d like your username changed too and we’ll get you on your way.

Since the Community already knew what to do I’m going to close this thread.