Character-based Mandala

Here’s a mandala that I created using acrylic cut on the Glowforge, then covered with vinyl stickers cut on a Cricut Maker.

Eager to hear what you think!

36 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Your first post is certainly a unique entry. I like it very much, but I don’t envy you the task of applying those stickers.

5 Likes

This is incredible! I can’t imagine how long it took you. It looks wonderful though, so much detail. Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Thanks! The total size is 36"x 36" and it took about two weeks working on and off! I submitted it to the Mystic Museum’s Regional Exhibition and it was accepted. So if you’re anywhere near Southeastern Connecticut, you can see it at the gallery until October! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum :partying_face: that is some amazing work and the best use of a Cricut I have seen in the forum.

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcome, @dklgood! Applying the stickers was pretty easy once I learned about a wet application method. I like tedious tasks so this was sort of up my alley. lol

2 Likes

That is really amazing!!! Welcome to the Forum! Way to start off with a bang!

5 Likes

Congratulations! That is fantastic. That’s two weeks of hard, detailed work that definitely paid off.

5 Likes

Great concept and impressive execution. Congrats on the exhibition!

4 Likes

Gorgeous colors! The vinyl stickers really make it pop! :sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

Welcome! This is a very intricate piece - congrats on it being accepted for the exhibit.

3 Likes

Wow! Go big or go home! That is a big project! Welcome to the forum … looking forward to your next project!

2 Likes

Very unique! well done!

2 Likes

Or Go Big for your home!

2 Likes

Love that detail!

Is this based on a story/myth? I can feel the characters coming out me, it’s great!

1 Like

It’s based on reading the book, Chariots of the Gods. I’ve been super inspired by that and learning about astroarchaeology this past year.

Those graphics are :fire:! This piece is so much fun- nice work!