Charity Function Red Dress and Necklace

Happy Saturday!

Going to a charity function where EVERYONE has to wear a red dress to get in. So I decided that I would put my Glowforge to work. 366 (1.5") red acrylic squares and about 200 yrds of 1" & 1.5" red ribbon. Took about 2 weeks to make but came out just as I wanted.

Needed a necklace to go with the look, so red and clear acrylic to the rescue!

Thankfully I can actually sit in this thing and only have to wear it for 4 hours. LOL

50 Likes

Do you have a purple hat to go with it?

5 Likes

HAHA No hat.

6 Likes

Especially :two_hearts: the necklace!

9 Likes

Thanks! Pretty simple design.

5 Likes

Perhaps it is the hat that needs to be red :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yeah. A hat would’ve been cool but I am tired of looking at red! LOL

6 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of work! It looks great:-)

4 Likes

I should have known that you would be an awesome couture designer as well as your other talents. We wanna see a photo of you in it!

11 Likes

Mr. Sexy San Diego do not forget to pair that dress with black thigh highs!! So when you’re sitting with your legs crossed the top of the lacy thigh highs will be a peek-a-boo!!

Love the dress!!!

7 Likes

I think it is Project Runway worthy!
Now we know what has kept you so busy…

7 Likes

I love the necklace!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness. I seriously hope you are planning to post pictures of the dress in action. I’ll make sure I’m not driving (edit: drinking) any hot liquids while reading about it. What kind of charity function is it?

Not only did you make an awesome dress, the necklace looks awesome.

9 Likes

Very creative, but sitting in it will be a bit painful, I’m guessing. Also, is it heavy? You will be a standout in this outfit, but I wonder if you will have many other opportunities to wear it again. Donating to a second hand clothing store seems iffy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Shoes are gonna be a problem. (Hard to find that exact shade.) :rofl:

6 Likes

I’ve got some he can borrow, but they are size 5.

7 Likes

That is a great dress! So neat!

6 Likes

This is so cool! I also would love to see this dress in action on the red carpet or runway or however its showcased. Well done!

4 Likes

Wow!

6 Likes

Wow! Stunning! Samurai warrior vibes. Absolutely gorgeous combo. Did you design both?

6 Likes