Chinese Checkers anyone?

Another Christmas gift… this one for my mother. Still need to glue but the end is in sight!

55 Likes

amazing, and a fun game for sure

3 Likes

Nice design and very well executed.

5 Likes

I love how each triangle blends with the next. Never would have thought of that.

5 Likes

That is really beautiful!

3 Likes

Thank you! It was out of necessity. I didn’t have any pieces large enough to make one big piece. It’s fun when challenges turn into new design ideas!

2 Likes

Thank you. It brings fond memories. Chinese Checkers was a big part in my mom’s and my grandmother’s interaction before my grandmother passed (several years ago). My grandmother suffered from a mental illness. My mom would play Chinese checkers with her and would instantly know how she was doing based on if my grandmother won… the board is in engraved on the back with my grandmothers signature

7 Likes

Beautifully done! I love the way you’ve integrated the ring with the triangles. I grew up playing with my family on an antique board. I should make myself one!

2 Likes

I like the way you worked the board together.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Thanks!!

That really is a beautiful design, wonderful job with the staining.

2 Likes

That is a great testament to her memory! I am sure there will be tears of joy!

3 Likes

You make amazing gifts!

2 Likes

My best friend’s grandma is really into games of all kinds, one year she got really into Chinese checkers to the point where when she would come visit she’d bring her board and expect everyone to sit down and play. It was fun, except she always won…I think that’s why she got so hooked on it, because she was exceptionally good, but it also might have been that the rest of us just weren’t at her level. Beautiful board for a beautiful reason, projects like this one are a great reminder that these machines are more than paperweights, and can be used for more than trying to make a profit.

2 Likes

This is beautiful!

2 Likes

Beautifully done! Was thinkIng about Chinese checkers the other day, haven’t played in years. Love the sentiment behind it.

1 Like

Thank you . Never mess with grandma and her CC! I love making gifts for family and friends. I don’t buy anymore… I make. The GF has allowed me to expand my creative output. I can’t wait until the 25th!!

2 Likes

Using a game like that to keep track of cognitive abilities is a great concept and the fond memories to boot makes it very special

1 Like