Deleted 3

Deleted.

42 Likes

I had one last year and it was dripping chocolate, probably from the same issue you had. nice work.

4 Likes

Love a practical fix!

5 Likes

Deleted.

2 Likes

You’ll find very little of this when sharing projects on here. It’s really a great community in that regard. I personally love seeing practical applications for the GF!

6 Likes

Deleted.

3 Likes

I wish i still had it. I threw it away. last year when it leaked all over, arggg
Thank You any way.

1 Like

Nicely done. I’m finding “practical” uses like this for my gf and 3D printer all the time. One suggestion: acrylic is very brittle and will probably break eventually. You might try acetal or delrin. it is much more robust for applications like this.

3 Likes

No…no! Don’t slide back into non-posting! I love this. I’ve done a few oddball repairs on this level myself, so I appreciate this a lot. You must have had a feeling of immense satisfaction when you got that fixed.

3 Likes

That’s too bad. There are definitely some rules that community members help enforce… “slamming” is generally frowned upon, but I guess it does happen. :frowning: Sorry you got a bad vibe.

Glad you decided to share.

3 Likes

Deleted.

6 Likes

You have a waterjet?? #mikedrop

1 Like

I love this post. Nothing so satisfying as machining your own gear replacement - and it working.

6 Likes

Deleted.

3 Likes

Deleted.

10 Likes

Practical projects are my favorite! I’m glad you were able to fix the fountain.

4 Likes

Props for that also :slightly_smiling_face: Maneuvering that much weight precisely is tough enough without doing it underwater, but the frustration of having a very nice gadget of whatever sort but for one badly designed bit is probably a far more common occurrence for the rest of us whatever the monsters we confront in our careers. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

A bit off topic, but do you have an example link? Curious what qualifies as a slam to you, I think it’s generally pretty civilized here.

If you don’t want to get into it that’s fine, just mildly curious.

1 Like

Good repair.

2 Likes

Nice work on the piece it’s always awesome when you can repair something you own. Most of the stuff I’ve made is similarly practical in nature.

Just don’t post a support question. I will say I share your feelings about people slamming others constantly in parts of this forum. However, I’ve never seen “Made on a Glowforge” posts slammed. They just have hundreds of positive responses generally led by the amazing @Jules.

3 Likes