Yesterday was spent making boxes as Christmas gifts for my staff. The basic layout was done with Boxes.py, which has been mentioned multiple times here in the forum.
My first step was to make several test cut Boxes to see which ones worked best. I did this without masking the surface of 4.8 mm underlayment I had from a previous project.
For the test boxes, I simply selected Thick Maple Plywood and used the default settings. The box in the upper left in the picture above was very sturdy, but the living hinge was stretched to far and it broke.
I selected the following two boxes s the best design and function.
After this I spent most of the day cutting and weeding
I’m very pleased with the way these turned out.
Now I need to clean Millie as she is really a mess after all of this cutting.