Christmas came early this year

6 Likes

ditto :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If I want to I canā€¦but that KVM switch was driving me nutsā€¦this screen is really wide in comparison and with multiple desktops it will really help outā€¦still a bit clunky on the user end but Iā€™ll get faster. I for a very short bit tried Inkscape and Gimp because hubby recommended itā€¦but it just wasnā€™t familiar enough for me as I was used to Photoshop. I have CS4 illustrator right now but seriously (90% sure) I am going to buy Affinity Designer before the Black Friday sale stopsā€¦ https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/#buy

Will buy it from there because of the user forum. I had the trial last year and didnā€™t buy itā€¦but thinking if nothing else it will be on my laptop.

I would get one of these but then I would need a new desk to have the room for the screen and then a new house to have room for the desk :exploding_head:

LMAO! I started down the rabbit hole when I read @livein3dā€™s post, Saw the 3x and 4x ones were really pretty decently priced and then ended up, ā€œwell for another $100ā€¦and then for another $100 and then I was at that oneā€.

Iā€™m trying to be good. But itā€™s hard around here :smiley:

1 Like

I have to quit looking at this stuff. the drool is going to wreck the computerā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™m so out of it. I only have one 21" monitor.

5 Likes

I have two monitors so I can keep the GF on one and my design program on the other.

1 Like

for those who might be curious, this is what the onscreen app looks like (the one that comes w/LG monitors). It segments your screen in a number of different configurations. you can then drag the ā€œedgesā€ of those monitor boxes to reproportion them. as you can see, iā€™m using the 3-screen split. but i donā€™t keep the left side at half, i drag the edge to where the left side is more likt 60-65% width and thatā€™s my primary work area (InDesign, PS, Ai, PPT) with the other two having email, browser, windows explorer stacked up (and my chat window on the laptop, along with spotify).

2 Likes

Love Early Christmas! Donā€™t you need an extra potent computer to get all this to work?

2 Likes

This dumpster ornament is 3D printed and giving them to people in my departmentā€¦I imagine once we go back to working in the office we might just see them on their desks. LOL. !

The t-shirt on the screen is from shirt.woot.com (free ship if amazon prime customer) and they have had quite the array of t-shirts this year ā€” bought like 5 or more just for my husband! Notice the item right below the 3D printed ornament? Itā€™s a NON-digital calipersā€¦ not accurate but his boss bought it as a nice to carry around and get an approximate size for a screw or something (and itā€™s a pen too). Going to be a stocking stuffer for the son that uses calipers at work. :wink:

4 Likes

I really need to look into 3d printing too. It all looks great.

No you donā€™t ā€¦ we built my computer several years ago (2014?) and Iā€™m not a gamer. Basically if it runs my illustrator and photoshop (CS4) I consider it good. :wink: Just make sure you have enough RAM because you will end up with a lot of tabs openā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

HIGHLY recommend an Ultimaker. Our Makerspace years back had 26 of them owned by various membersā€¦anything from built from bolts & 3D printed parts (printed by other members like my Prusa) to Makerbots and Ultimakers and everything in-between. We found that by far Ultimakers were the most reliable. My little Prusa you could look at cross-eyed and it would get out of alignment. LOL Not complainingā€¦ended getting a friend turned husband out of that experience. :wink:

3D printers are fun but after having a Glowforge, they seem excruciatingly sloooowwww. LOL

2 Likes

Absolutely LOVE this feature! I didnā€™t know anything about it until my son gave me the monitor! Makes it so much easier to use with multiple virtual screensā€¦

1 Like

it does. every once in a while it does freaky things, but 99% of the time itā€™s awesome.

Yeah I just need to adjust MalwareBytes and havenā€™t had the time ā€” every morning it shuts down all the screens because of my Chrome extensions that notify me of sales (Honey, RetailMeNot), and my add blocker get quarantined due to the PUP notifications. I really should make time to mess with it todayā€¦but so much I want to get accomplished today on the GF! ā€¦translated: later

Sorryā€¦ LOL I live in a world of acronyms ā€¦ If I speak English someone at work or home will interject with the acronymā€¦ Keyboard Video (monitor) Mouse (KVM) switches back and forth between using my (WFH) Work From Home monitor setup and my (PAH) Plat At Home monitor setup. It wasnā€™t transitioning wellā€¦ Kept having to press the switch, quickly go to monitor settings on 3 monitors and change their setting before it reverted back to what it just was set at

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.