Christmas Card

This is a card I made which is inspired by some other posts on the forum.

47 Likes

Very pretty! :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you! I think it may have been your post I was inspired by, but I could not find it to link it from my phone :frowning:

4 Likes

Not to worry, I can never link on phones either. :smile:

Fresh posts in the category are a better way to go anyway…keeps the excitement level high. :wink:

1 Like

That is a fair point. My wife will probably paint these as well before we send them out. Not completely sure how we want to go about it just yet. We were thinking paint pens to keep it simple.

3 Likes

Great project! To make it easier to paint, I would mask the whole thing before cutting/scoring. Then just peel off the bits of mask that you want to paint. Once the painting is done you can peel off the masking that covers the unpainted parts.

Here is the masking that I use–works great on Baltic birch and anything else I’ve tried, including leather and card stock.

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve been using. Works great, easy to work with, and cheap. (And if you poke around on the website you can find a discount code.)

1 Like

Nice! I might have to jump on the bandwagon. :grinning:

Very nice

Love that you added the year to the ornament. I hope this becomes an annual tradition with different materials or patterns each year!

6 Likes

I am hoping so too!

1 Like

I like to flip it over and engrave the year on the back. @Jules has a good tutorial on how to maintain alignment for that.

If this keeps up we’re going to need a bigger tree…

5 Likes

Now you tell me.

2 Likes

The card turned out lovely!

1 Like