Christmas Decoration - Weihnachtspyramide

Yes - definately “squeeeeee” worthy !:squeee:

4 Likes

Just smoke from the cutting process. When I did my first cuts in MDF, subsequently making C4 Labs’ “not the Millennium Falcon” model, it struck me that the smoke residue adds to the look of the MDF in some things. I “score” the detail a little deeper than absolutely necessary to generate a little more residue. This causes its own problems, if a piece is handled too roughly before it is sealed little surface features can “peel” off.

5 Likes

You must have been looking closely Jules, those saints are for the next, and, I hope, final, iteration. Finding images to copy/base them on is not hard, try a google search on “catholic saints colouring book”.

I believe that in my formative years I must have heard Tom Lehrer’s “Lobachevsky” quite a lot.

I started by placing them on surfaces with only the front showing but I wanted to make the buttresses about the iconography, hence, saints in alcoves. Problem is you’ll get to see their backs. So, I drew their backs, I’m not an artist, no designer, in fact, I failed finger painting at kindergarden, I think this took more time than the rest, do you know what the back of an angel looks like?

My “catholic saints”, the BVM, the shameless copy of Rio’s “Christ The Redeemer”, and Marvel’s Archangel all have “backs”.

4 Likes

I did a sideways angel ornament last year…probably not what you’re looking for there though. Those are iconic.

Beautiful job. Just beautiful. :innocent:

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting over a year to make one of these — any photos you can PM me?

Btw, the (not) Millennium Falcon cut files seem to change location every so often… Here’s the current location (as of 2016-11-16):

http://c4labs.build/forums/topic/yt-1300-light-freighter-with-cut-files/

They also include 3 (not) Star Wars holiday ornaments: A Mini YT-1300, a Tie-Fighter and an X-Wing as part of the cut files!

6 Likes

I am in awe of your project. Will be so cool to see the finished project.

2 Likes

I missed this thread first time around. Awesome work! I’ve had a pyramid on my Glowforge list as well. We picked ours up from Wohlfahrt in Rothenburg 20 years ago, stuffed it in a backpack the rest of the trip, and have been pulling it out every year since. Can’t wait to see yours complete.

1 Like

I can’t find the ones I took to send to C4 Labs, I’ll take some more and send them to you. There is an updated version, the CY1300. I can’t find it on the C4 site, I’ll send a .pdf of those too.

Edit: There it is, on top of the printer in the last 3 pics above.

1 Like

This is truly magnificent. I can’t wait to see where you take it next.

3 Likes