Christmas Gifts: Baby Edition

I decided to share a couple of the gifts I’ve made.

My brother and sister-in-law decided they wanted to adopt. They were lucky and were matched fairly quickly. They brought home a little girl in October.

My wife found a perfect poem and wanted me to make something with it. She asked, thus it was done. This was done on a Birch Round from Michael’s. https://www.michaels.com/10308886.html#q=Birch+&start=10

I got the tree image from the Noun Project, created by Alena Artemova.

The second project was for someone who is expecting.

When we had our first sonogram, I instantly thought “I could laser this!” But that was in the dark times, before the Stormageddon found it’s home.
But now, I have a laser! :glowforge::love::glowforge:

My first thought is I could make some slate coasters, the colors would be a perfect match. My wife pointed out, it would be weird to rest your drink on a sonogram of your kid. (If you haven’t noticed, my wife is a smart lady.)
I decided to make a Christmas Ornament instead. I used Proofgrade :proofgrade: maple ply and the Pendant design from Glowforge.

I’m pretty happy with how this turned out. It’s slightly deeper than I would have liked, so I might try again with a HD photo engrave setting instead.

Overall, I’m very happy with how these two projects turned out. And just as an FYI, it took me about 3 hours to do both projects. That’s design and cut time.

Thanks @GlowforgeStaff for making this so simple to use!

33 Likes

I love all these things! Your enthusiasm for having such a great tool is very obvious. I can appreciate that, because I feel the same way. Thanks for showing us.

1 Like

Neat!

1 Like

Wonderful quote. The sonogram ornament is quite a unique use of the pendant design. It would make an interesting necklace after the holidays… but maybe that idea falls into the same category as the coasters. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Beautiful quote and the sonogram is a great idea and execution.

1 Like