Christmas in May?

I’m already late getting an early start for the 2021 holiday season. :hot_face:

Here’s a sneak preview of this year’s Weinachtspyramide (Christmas Pyramid). As a reminder, I don’t sell the patterns – only the physical products.

As you can tell, this is a very rough prototype made from unmasked “goofgrade” ply from the big box store. This year’s innovation is to completely motorize the three-level turntable. It’s geared to turn at approximately 1 rpm, so I sped up the middle of the vide to 4x so that I could check for smooth motion through multiple rotations. Given this is my first time designing and cutting involute gears, I’m pretty stoked with the outcome so far. :sunglasses:

50 Likes

Wow this is amazing! Beautiful!!

5 Likes

Stunningly incredible! I can even see little figures moving in the attic! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

3 Likes

Very fun to watch! You have every reason to be stoked.

4 Likes

Angels in the attic! :wink:

3 Likes

Really nice work man. It looks like a pretty involved build!

4 Likes

That is a pretty awesome build! Love all the moving parts.

3 Likes

Oh, I love these things so much!!! If only I could do one in gingerbread!

4 Likes

Looks like something you’d see in a Katie Wohlfart store

3 Likes

I’m planning a smaller one that features baking angels, er, tiny angels that are building a gingerbread house. Stay tuned!

4 Likes

Higher praise I cannot imagine :relaxed: – Katie was one of my inspirations, along with other prominent artisans of the Erzgebirge tradition. She will be missed.

2 Likes

Your welcome. I went to the store in rothenburg Ob der tauber several times over the years I lived in Germany. Even lived in the city for 3 months studying at the goethe institut there. Would go in there just to get a cheery Xmas high.

1 Like

Wow, that is so fantastic. Brings back memories of my childhood.

3 Likes

Gosh, what a wonderful piece! It seems to turn just perfectly, too.

3 Likes

This is so cool

2 Likes

Don’t know what I’m more amazed at; the beauty and creativity of your design or the fact you are already thinking about next Christmas lol.

4 Likes

Absolutely stupendous! I am so impressed with your work!

3 Likes

For something this intricate, it is good to start early. Even your prototype is beautiful!

3 Likes

Dennis…this is fabulously wonderful. I love it!

2 Likes

This is amazing, the rotating parts are fab, even the star going around at the top. I love it.

2 Likes