Christmas Ornaments - 12-02-2020

Thank you so much. These are beautiful. Can’t wait to make them.

Very pretty! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Thank you

Those are beautiful! Thank you so much!

Love these!! Thank you!

They are so pretty! Thank you for sharing these.

These are great. Thanks for sharing!!

WOW, thank you!

I think this will be the first Glowforge project I try. Thanks for sharing.

Question - So I’ve downloaded the file and unzipped it. When I load it into the Glowforge it looks like it will cut the front piece (word with snowflakes), but how to cut the backing (red) piece? That doesn’t seem to be showing.
Thank you. These are beautiful by the way.

I just opened the file. I don’t see the backing in there to cut either. :frowning:

Thank you!

Thank you so much

We really love the ornaments, but we’re having a tough time finding the cut parameters for a 1/4" BB. The ornaments are falling apart on us. Could anyone give us the speed and power that they used to cut them? Thanks so much in advance! Thanks AlisterH for the share! <3

These are pretty intricate for 1/4" material. I cut mine out of 1/8" material. Also, we can only discuss settings for non proofgrade material in the Beyond the Manual section of the forum. Perhaps do a search there for 1/4" bb, but your best bet is to test settings everytime you are working with new materials.

1 Like

Ooops, I meant to say that we tried 1/8".

Ok, if I’m not allowed to talk about BB,can anyone tell me what wood and settings they used to successfully cut out these beautiful ornaments? We haven’t been able to do it with many, many trials. That is why we finally tried to post here. Sorry dklgood.

1 Like

No need to be sorry about anything. As I said, I cut them from some 1/8" acrylic using proofgrade settings. I am puzzled about which 1/8" proofgrade plywood didn’t work with proofgrade settings.

1 Like

Maybe post some pics so we can see what’s happening?

I found the ornaments on etsy, where the seller also included a thicker version of the ornaments. I hope that the seller is the same person that offered these very nice ornaments in this group. The thicker version turned out really well. The thinner ones didn’t do well with the wood that I used.