Christmas Tree Box with Lid - And 6 Large Ornaments!

Happy Saturday!

2nd week of Christmas in July and my second project done! Christmas Tree Box with Fitted Lid and 6 Ornaments.

I used on 3 Boards! (Yes you heard it right!) 1/8" MDF. Perfect for DIY Paint Kits…or so my neighbor tells me. LOL

Box: 10"L x 7"W x 1.125"H

Ornaments: 9"L x 5.5"W x .125"H

Pretty simple layer construction - added a pin to make lining up easier. Really fast cut and construction. I kinda like when I use less boards…Just kidding - this was a fluke! :wink:

I hope everyone has an amazing Saturday!

43 Likes

Nice adaptation for the higher wood prices! Keep it up! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Haha. The next will not be 3 boards… more like 23. :joy:

8 Likes

Very cute! Will the ornaments still all fit in the box if they all have the dots on them? Just wondering about the thickness of them all stacked together.

2 Likes

This is so cool…great project to do with the grandkids!

1 Like

Oh! Nice! (I was wondering how you made a box that would fit in a Glowforge FOR a Christmas tree…)

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing!

1 Like

You know, I read the title completely wrong and thought this was going to be a box for a 6ft Christmas tree :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Thank you! They are cut from side pieces, so the trees themselves are the same width. Without the ornaments they all fit, with ornaments 3 fit.

2 Likes

@linefeed & @celesteprobichaux & @CMadok HAHA - the power of a good misleading headline!

2 Likes

Nice work! LOve the use of the use of the pin and the tree looks great!

1 Like

Thanks! I hate gluing layers together and them not be perfect. LOL

1 Like

Victor,

I want you to send this to me. I want to paint it and I will send it back to you. I have something specific in mind that would be great.

Hugs,
Elena

1 Like

Send what to you? The file?

1 Like

No, not the file— the tree box.

1 Like

Sorry, that was for my neighbor. Her kids wanted to have ornaments to paint and she wanted the box. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Get it back from her tell her to go to the dollar store and buy some coloring books.

I wanted to give you a post heart attack gift.

1 Like

HAHA :rofl:

1 Like