Christmas wreath

Honestly… Paper and cardboard! There’s something about it that makes me wanna do it in those. I’ll probably do a walnut one as well. Haha.

5 Likes

Nice design, however there are alot of thin lines especially in the text and the evergreen sprigs. When the laser cuts, because of the dreaded kerf…many of those will be too thin and fall apart…
Might want to beefen up some of the joints abit and thicken the font. That Merry is only supported by the y…its not going to be very stable…pull it down a bit so it connects to the Ch
Oh and cool pet!!!

12 Likes

Double check your s, o, t, and e’s… the “counter”, or the center of the letter needs to be attached or it will leave a large hole when it falls out. The tail of the y’s as well. The counter of the a is open so it should be ok. Same with the P.

Have you thought about cutting the rest of the negative shapes in different colored acrylic and press-fitting them in? Would look cool with light behind it, like in a window. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Exactly what @bhspalinger said. Text is biggest offender when doing “stencils”, esp. script. In silhouette software I usually draw 2 parallel lines then do a weld or merge. Then you can tweek it manually at the node level to attach the inside of O’s or lower e’s etc. Nice job on the wreath though ! You could even make it 2 designs to make a slight layered look. Maybe the Merry Christmas lower in the center (back piece" or the pine boughs separate and in front. However - looks fantastic as is !!! :evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Thanks!!! Yeah the stroke I have on the path looks like there isn’t an opening but there is. But as @smcgathyfay said it may be too small. I’ll try it out and see what i end up with. :slight_smile: Thanks you guys for the help!!!

2 Likes

This is a cut out, different than doing a stencil where the inside pieces need to stay attached…in this case you are getting the positive part.

5 Likes

But isn’t he cutting out the word Peace ( not the Merry Christmas, that is a positive), but on Peace and Joy don’t you need to save the inside of the P , O, e and a ?

2 Likes

Peace and joy will be cut out and the merry Christmas will not. :slight_smile: So in the peace and joy the insides of the letters are bridged and the merry Christmas is not. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My bad…I was looking only at the Merry Christmas…lol. Yes…you are correct sir!

2 Likes

WHAT?! Little Mumford so soooo cute!! Thanks for sharing the shot!!

5 Likes

Nice design👍

Adorable hedgehog :wink:

4 Likes

very cool, both the wreath and Mumford!

2 Likes

Thanks @kennethclapp

2 Likes

Really beautiful!

3 Likes

It looks like everything will stay connected. However, “Merry” is only connected by a very tiny bit of the “y,” so I suspect that’ll break instantly. I’d adjust things so that there are multiple connections for extra strength and stability (spoken as a laser user).

1 Like

Good catch! I’ll add some connections!

1 Like