Cleaned air assist fan and now alignment is off

I think it might have something to do with reattaching the pulleys. For whatever reason the left and right sides are acting strange. I started a chat with support the other day and emailed the photos after running the test she asked me to, then she said she would forward it to someone else and I haven’t heard back. So I ran a calibration test today to see if that would help. Whenever the laser head reaches the left and right sides it makes almost a grinding sound. I’m attaching photos.

If anyone has ran into this issue please let me know what you did to fix it.

In looking at these photos (and the ones from Facebook the other day), it really seems like either the lid isn’t fully closing or the crumbtray isn’t seated correctly, due to the distortion of the material in the camera image.

I’d have to think though that the crumbtray being seated incorrectly wouldn’t alter the calibration (or where it thinks the head is). But, a lid that wasn’t closing all of the way, would alter the calibration scheme.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I’ve figured it out, I disassembled the laser head and realized my belt wasn’t in the proper place when I reattached it. I’ve been messing with it for days and finally make a post and get it figured out right after. Ha go figure.

5 Likes

Do the lid camera calibration and see if that help correct the issue.

See, that should have been your first move! Near as I can figure it has something to do with living a life on Earth…

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!