Cleaning Glowforge as per GF Manual

So my husband and I were following the step by step guide to cleaning the unit. We stopped the fan to make sure it was clean and as we turned back to look at the computer, there was a large POP (like a fuse went) and now the unit will not power on.

We were plugged into an 800 grounded wall outlet as recommended.

With the chat support, we tried other outlets and test and move outlets . No luck.

Now we have it in a third outlet, still no power

Just curious if anyone has come across this. I am so nervous because I have orders to finish this week and not sure if I should reach out now and tell them to expect a delay or offer a refund,

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Mine made a a pop like this while it was on, and support said I needed to send it in. They said the power supply needing replacing and refurbished it, then sent it back. Unfortunately it took like 6 weeks, but I wasn’t very busy and had plenty of inventory of stuff I needed. Hopefully they’re able to figure something out for you!

Oh that is so discouraging . Six weeks would be terrible!!! I really hope that is not the case. Does anyone know if they work on the weekends?

They work weekends.

Not sure why @raymondking32’s was refurbed? If it’s power supply and you are in warranty, they will likely offer you either a refurbished unit or you can send yours in for repair.

What do you mean by that? Are you saying the fan was spinning and you forcably stopped the motor?

If so, what guide did you follow exactly?

states “Power Off” as its first item

1 Like

I was also under warranty, I may have gotten a short stick and they didn’t have any others on hand. They also replaced my tube, so I know I was within my warranty. I thought @shop had a similar situation, correct?

@annehotchkiss25 it could also be that I’m in Hawaii, so shipping times and other factors could have played a part, such as my part wasn’t on hand as well as the testing and diagnosing my machine. Like I said, they also found that my tube was not performing as it should, so they test everything which takes time. Regardless, I was taken care of, and you will be too.

3 Likes

sorry, I meant the screen prompts on the cleaning program. The option to stop fan (so that we could make sure it was cleaning) Turn around to procede to next step and that is when we heard the pop.

mine went in out of warranty. it was repaired, but not exactly sure what was done. i never got it back in one piece. it was damaged in shipment and i got a replacment.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.