Clear Lake EScow Regatta Awards - Edge Lit

Thanks! Honestly, I had a fancier design for the bases, but figured out almost by accident that the bases had a little taper. Made my job waaaay easier. I think they worked out great!

7 Likes

Oh wow, I wondered how it was staying on the base. You made me go look at my bases and sure enough, they are ever so slightly tapered! That does open up some possibilities. Thanks.

3 Likes

These are so deluxe looking! And the addition of the collar…never even occurred to me…looks great!

3 Likes

The woman who placed the order asked it I could just put a sticker on the base with the regatta information. Of course, that wasn’t going to cut it. I probably could have gotten away with 1/8” acrylic for the collar, but it looks great with the 1/4”.

6 Likes

Seems like @sailbyc would like this.

4 Likes

Gosh, this is wonderful! At first I thought all those lamps were a single piece, and I think a cluster of them would still make an amazing wall decoration.

3 Likes

Beautiful job.

Am I the only one suspicious that the organizers want three first place trophies and just one each for the other places? :thinking:

4 Likes

1 place

1 place Top junior

1 place Top female

Those are the category’s as seen in the first photo :nerd_face:

5 Likes

I just started messing with making signs with the LED bases like this. Looks GREAT!

2 Likes

Makes me feel bad for the runner up junior and female. Still, at least the best of them are recognized. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

6 Likes

I don’t sail … But seeing the fleet makes me want to. Perfect design work!

2 Likes

Lovely design! They look so elegant- the recipients are going to love them!

1 Like

Absolutely! Thanks. Nice job @pubultrastar.

I’ve been absorbed with regatta photography for a while. ScowArt.com

MC-Scow: Lake Eustis, FL

MC-Scow: Keuka Lake, NY

C-Scow: Lake Beulah, WI

Optimist: Lake Beulah, WI

My Instagram… Scow.Art

6 Likes

Those are awesome pics. I have photographed lots of regattas over the years. Even got some kite aerial photos before drones were available.

m2 Photography Sailing

8 Likes

Where are people getting the LED pucks these days? my previous suppliers vaporized.

also, loved the sailing pics. I had some friends that raced hobie cats.

I’m using bangood or one of the other Chinese supply sites. If I just need one quick, I typically do amazon. Xstron has a lot of great products, but their shipping kills me so I haven’t placed an order with them yet.

2 Likes

I go for the cheapest ones I can find on Amazon - currently this one is $4 - with an interesting base too hmmmmm

2 Likes

I was doing something else but picked up a few shots of a race that had spread out quite a bit.
sailboats1x
sailboats7x

3 Likes

I have seen quite a few edgelit acrylic designs but yours is CLEAN.

1 Like