Clicking noise coming from right side of machine

I feel like I have a pretty good idea of the typical noises that the glowforge produces… and call me crazy but I think I have a new one that worries me.

It’s a rapid clicking noise that comes from the front right of the machine below the power on button. I took a video trying to capture the noise.

Any way to stop this? Or am I crazy and this is all normal? I use my glowforge on average 1-2 hours daily.

I’d also like to note that the noise is constant. Not just when cutting or just when it’s warming up.

UPDATE: probably the fan. Clicking noise slowly fades away after machine switches off. But then gets fast when machine is on. How do I clean the fan!?

Sounds like a fan hitting something, to me. Check the fan underneath that front right corner to make sure nothing’s gotten sucked into it.

1 Like

How do I get to the fan to look?
Have two people lift it so that I can peek under it?

I’d just pick up the corner and peek with a flashlight, to start with. :slight_smile:

No luck ):

1 Like

Pick up the corner and slide a small mirror under it to look. That’s what I use to check once in awhile…

I’m so sorry to hear your intake fan is making noise.

Can you try the following:

1. Turn off and unplug your Glowforge

2. Carefully slide your Glowforge so the right side is hanging off the table like this:
    (The blue box shows where the two intake fans are)

1. If possible, apply a vacuum cleaner hose to this area.

2. Be sure to return your Glowforge to its intended position before trying to print again.

3. Please let us know the results!

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.