Clicking on layer sometimes dodges scroll instead of opening Cut/Score/E menu

Bit of a usability problem with the layer panel on the left.

When I have more than a couple layers, I may need to scroll the layer list away from home position.

When I do this, I frequently can’t access the layer menu - clicking (even using mouse and carefully not dragging) causes the layer list to scroll by one pixel and doesn’t open the menu.

This means I can’t access the menu at all for layers after about the 5th.

Expected: I should always be able to open the menu. Even if I have shaky hands.

This is in Safari Version 11.0.2 (13604.4.7.1.3) on a Retina MBP.

Workaround: Drag offending layers to the top position, scroll the layer list to home (first layer fully visible at top and can’t scroll up). Now the menu appears.

3 Likes

I think a lot of folks are finding that Chrome works better than Safari on a Mac. I know there were some serious issues with Safari and it might still be the case. I use Chrome in Yosemite and it works great.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry for the late response.

Would you mind sharing your file with me, either by posting it here or emailing it to support@glowforge.com?

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

As a work around, you can also try using a different browser and see if that helps. Thanks @cynd11 for the suggestion.

Hi Jaz. Using Chrome instead works well.

I’d prefer to use Safari since it’s the official browser on OSX.

This issue happens pretty much in any file that has more than 4 or so
layers (as shown by GFUI).

The error is that a click is interpreted as a drag in the left hand scroll
window, and the menu does not appear.

Thanks for replying.

We’ll keep working on this, but I’m glad you have a solution for now. If you run into anything else, please post a new topic or email us at support@glowforge.com.