Clip on Camera.....is it supposed to have a black clip like the others? Stuck on centering

Trying to troubleshoot stuck on centering after cleaning my GF this morning. I found one clip that was not laying flat, so fixed that, but it still wont calibrate. The printer head is not moving and I’m wondering if the black clip is missing from this connection?

Have you worked through all of these steps?

Hey there! I actually used this to start troubleshooting, so thank you, and that’s when I found one of the clips was flipped up. But I have not sent pictures to support yet.

I used a wet paper towel to wipe off residue this morning, could that be it? Do you think I created humidity and it needs to dry?

It would depend how “wet” it was and how much moisture you left behind. If it was just damp, it’s probably fine.

If you’ve tried all the steps in the link above, then you should try the wifi troubleshooting steps. (Even if you don’t think it’s wifi. :wink: )

1 Like

so…once I rebooted my computer, it worked fine. Thank you G2N, you are always quick to help.

3 Likes

Ok so got it work by rebooting, but after I do a cut, i’m having to turn it off and turn it back on again to get it to work each time. Otherwise it stays in centering?

Go through the wifi troubleshooting steps I posted above. It sounds like there’s something about your wifi it’s not happy about.

1 Like

Hello @mngrahams,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting you a response.

The camera lid cable in your photo actually does not have a black clip, only a white clip, and it appears to be closed so that clip is good. I did take a look at the logs from your Glowforge and it looks like you are definitely having an issue with one of the lid cables. If all of the cables are properly connected and all clips are closed, then its likely the black lid cable has an issue and needs to be replaced.

I can get a new cabled ordered for you right away. I will need to confirm some personal information in order to get that cable shipped out to you, so I’m going to send you a separate email. You should receive my email in a few minutes, but if you don’t receive it in the next 30 minutes please check your spam / junk mail folder. Once I know you’ve received my email, I’ll close this thread.

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.