Clorox wipes

Over the years as we use Clorox wipes, when we would pull one from the container we would squeeze the extra liquid back in the container. By the time we got to the end of the wipes, there was enough cleaning liquid in the bottom we could use paper towels and really get something clean. :wink:

@ElsieH for the first time since January I thinkā€¦my husband found some disinfecting wipes at Menards. The difference is it takes 5 minutes before the surface becomes disinfected and the wipes are smaller. I think it might be a Menards brand (itā€™s 5am and I donā€™t want to wake anyone by going in the garage)ā€¦he just found them last weekā€¦then we found them at Hy-Vee the following day. Maybe they are starting to come back in stock againā€¦just as KS is growing in numbers. sigh.

2 Likes

:rofl: well considering she used to take us to the pool and stay with us all day ā€¦ :thinking: Didnā€™t know about aloe back then, but then I was a kid and what did I know?? (besides everything but that) ha!

I do keep an aloe bottle in the frig for anytime someone here might get accidentally sun burned (dh climbs for work and sometimes forgets the suntan bottle at the bottom of the tower that took him 3 hours to climb with all his equipment. Feels really good when it is cold! As far as growing a plant, yeah not a brown thumb but a black thumbā€¦Iā€™m so bad at that, Iā€™m thankful I could grow kids! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Too bad aloe canā€™t clean the GFā€¦but imagine that gooey messā€¦

2 Likes

I call it feet smell. I only have it on hand to clean calcium deposits. The water in this town is so hard. I used it to clean my coffee pot onceā€¦ And I ran several cycles of water through afterwardsā€¦ Then I almost :nauseated_face::face_vomiting: because it wasnā€™t enough, my first cup of coffee after the cleaning tasted like vinegar.

2 Likes

When I got head lice as a child, my mom used a vinegar solution instead of the pesticide shampoo. It stung, it stank, it hurt, it was terrible.
Took me 25 years and a fair bit of convincing before I was finally able to enjoy some good bread with an oil & vinegar dip.

2 Likes

When we were kids and got colds, my mom would make us swallow a dollop of vicks vapo rub. I was an adult before I read the label stating do not take internally. Yuck

3 Likes

ā€¦GASPā€¦she did what!!!..as a child, mom never suggested that nor I as a momā€¦did she not know how to read?! I am pretty darn certain there has always been the instructions of apply to chest since I have been around!

1 Like

Yeah, but I believe she didnā€™t know. Probably heard it from someone else or her mom. Iā€™ve lived to the ripe age of 66 so no Iā€™ll effects.

1 Like

:face_vomiting::nauseated_face:, :scream:

2 Likes

Our reaction when we had to do it. Fortunately not often

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.