CLOSED : Glowforge Pro is headed to dumpster. You want it? (PDX, OR)

My lightly-used GF Pro is dumpster-bound. It doesn’t work; most of the coolant disappeared from the tube, but beyond that I have no diagnosis nor estimate for cost of repairs (nor any willingness to pay). It was used sparingly during the few months that it did work. Comes with a barely-used (and fully operational) sidecar filter; called the “compact filter” in GF parlance, I believe.

If you want it…

First priority will be given to a non-profit, which can come and take it for free. (I’ll need a receipt is all.)

Second priority will be given to anyone offering reasonable purchase or trade. (Locals only, as pickup is your responsibility.)

Third priority is for other disgruntled GF owners that want to go all “Office Space” on it if options #1 and #2 don’t pan out. Bring your own bat or club.

PM me here if interested.

2 Likes

$100 plus shipping for all. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Nice try, but I would get more than $100 enjoyment from taking a baseball bat too it, given the levels of stress brought on by dealing with GF Corp. and their “not really a year” warranty policy.

I’ll buy the brains and you can still go Office Space on the guts.

I would really like to know what glowforge has to say given the problems with electronic waste and most landfills and trashing your glowforge. uhh… asking for a friend?

Might be interested if GF can provide a statement that it’s a legitimate non-blacklisted serial number.

1 Like

If they didn’t want it in the landfill, they should not have sent me trash. (Sorry, but exposure to all these lemons has made me bitter.)

1 Like

I reckon that depends on if they blackist ya for saying things like, “If they didn’t want it in the landfill, they should not have sent me trash.”

2 Likes

can you plz tell us what GF said about it. and why they will not cover it

GF response: “…it doesn’t appear that we’ll be able to resolve the issue remotely. The warranty on your unit has expired. It may, however, be possible to repair your Glowforge. If you would like to send us your Glowforge, we can have a technician make a physical assessment of whether or not the unit can be repaired and if so, we can provide an estimate of the repair costs. If you’d like to do so, here’s how that would work:
-We’ll send you an invoice for shipping
-Once the invoice is paid, we’ll follow up with shipping labels.
-Your total cost for shipping would be $200 which would include shipping to us for evaluation and return shipping but would not include the cost of any repair if we find that repair is possible.”

As for why it is not covered… it turns out, much to my chagrin, the warranty on this machine, delivered to me in Aug 2018, actually began in Oct 2017, when the first (lemon) GF shipped to me. Lemon GF #2 ate up a bit more of that warranty, so by the time I received the current lemon (#3) there wasn’t a whole lot of warranty left to cover it.