Closing Support Posts Request

Things posted in this section are being viewed by the entire community. The solutions to some/all problems could be very helpful to our community. In some cases it would simply be nice to know that what a user experiences is a flaw/defect or just human error that the rest of us can easily avoid. Rather than “I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic,” can we know the resolution?

Thanks!

55 Likes

Yes! 1000 likes!

7 Likes

Yes, what he :arrow_up: said! :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

I know you’re dealing with platform limitations, but it might help to be able to close a thread as “resolved” rather than locked. That tells everybody that there is a solution in the thread.

The optics of the lock icon for a closed thread aren’t great. It can give the perception that discussion is being cut off, when that’s not the intention.

9 Likes

They’re locking the threads to keep them from derailing, which happens everywhere else in the forum. :smile:

That will keep the problems limited to the one that was initially asked about.

Also, Support does not necessarily see a request for help that just gets tacked onto someone else’s thread, so it also forces the second person with the same problem to create another thread so they can make sure to catch it.

There are very good reasons for what they are doing. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I think you are right, @Tom_A. Having the solution archived in the forum could speed up resolution of issues and cut down on the number of emails to support.

2 Likes

I have absolutely no issue with a thread being locked.
Once Staff takes over, it should be locked to the OP and Staff until such time that it has been resolved and documented. At that point it can be Closed to ALL.

9 Likes

Thank you for the feedback and discussion – we’ll be looking to serve you better and better!

9 Likes

I would have cracked up if @Rita had locked the thread with that message :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Ha! I think she should have! I consider the matter resolved in the sense that it is now internal to Glowforge. Whatever they decide, they decide.

On the other hand, I want the topic to get at least 50 Likes, so… :slight_smile:

Edit:

8 Likes

In before the :lock:

3 Likes

…and fin. :wink:

8 Likes