Cloud and Security Issues

I work in a corporate environment with strict security restrictions. I’m getting the “An unexpected error has occured” I’m wondering if it has to do with the cloud storage. Is it possible to get the steps taken on GlowForges end. Any protocols, security limitations, plugins used and where files are being stored. If i can take this information to my IT group they can figure out how to make the glowforge work with the cloud. I’ve used a Mac Book that is independent of our security environment and i have no issues using with that, but we won’t always have access to that Mac Book so i’d like to get it working on my desktop PC.

Are you getting the error when attempting your own files or with Glowforge-provided designs?

Looks like it’s all files. Ours and Glowforge’s. We’ve tried multiple machines, with limited luck with a Macbook Pro.

I think it is all normal web protocols to Google 's servers so if you have full web access and GF’s sites aren’t blocked it should work.

Are they using some type of web proxy at work. Might need to see if you can get the GF & machine accessing the web on a white list.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.