Cloud UI running slow & timing out

The past 3 days while in the Glowforge web UI, its taking excessively long to process/set up prints (like 20-40 minutes) . Also while running pass through prints, it will time out or lose itself when taking pictures after the initial print. I have a feeling this is all due to server load being that the Glowforge is cloud based rather than us getting a local program. I’m pulling 70-80 mbps down & 20-25 up, so I know its not a connection issue on my side.
But if anyone has any tricks to get this moving again it would be greatly appreciated!

They did have some cloud issues yesterday and the day before, but they’ve been resolved. You might need to clear your cache and restart your browser—that usually fixes UI slowness issues for me.

They haven’t been resolved, as they are still happening. Cleared cache restarted browser, printer, computer, router. Still slow performance for a large number of users.

1 Like

I’m also having this problem right now after clearing cache, restarting browser, etc. I printed one thing that took about 15 minutes for glowforge to process and now Im currently waiting to print the same thing and its taken 45 minutes to process and has timed out.

1 Like

What the heck is GF doing? I have never seen the servers this bad ever. Usually it will be down for an hour or so here and there but this has been going on for 3 days now off and on. Amazon’s AWS have been fine (The servers GF use so it has to be on GF end) I wonder if they are implementing some of that premium stuff some people have seen like the faster processing speeds etc. It would still be nice for GF to release a statement letting us know what’s going on.

1 Like

Actually Glowforge uses Google’s cloud servers.

Correction, Google’s servers also have no issues either.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I appreciate you providing such great details outlining the behavior you are seeing. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints.

Based on the logs, I see that some of the trouble appears to be occurring while utilizing our Passthrough Beta. Is the same behavior occurring while performing standard prints, or only when utilizing the Passthrough Beta?

I also noticed you referenced the Glowforge UI experiencing excess time when processing and setting up prints. Is this occurring after uploading a particular file, or after a file has already been uploaded?

Do you notice this behavior with specific designs?

Once we can confirm these details, we’ll send over the next best steps.

It is definitely occurring during passthrough as that is 80% of the prints a do.
As far as the design types; I have the issues occurring regardless of the size of the file loaded (.5mb-34mb) with engraving & cut. The UI times are after the files are uploaded. They are occurring when i hit print and it is “Processing the print”.

1 Like

Today is a whole other ball game.
While “Preparing print” I either get that the print timed out or that my GF went offline. I have been trying for 2 hours to just start a print have experienced 1 “print timed out”, 1 “Print Failed”, and now it just keeps bouncing between “offline” & “centering”.

Thanks for following up with those details, and I’m sorry to hear about the ongoing trouble. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate further, and it looks like a handful of larger engraves failed on Monday morning while processing the design. We were experiencing a period of service degradation at the time of your report and I believe this caused the issues you were seeing. We’ve implemented a fix that should take care of that issue for you. Could you please try printing again, and let me know if you’re still running into trouble?

Thank you, I have run some non pass through prints without issue.
I’m testing some pass through today & will update. So far its just slightly long “Processing” time. Though not as long as before & the print seems to have started successfully.

Thank you for updating us. The trouble you were experiencing may have been related to the service outage we experienced, but I appreciate you working through some additional prints to see if the same behavior is occurring.

I apologize for the slightly long “Processing” time, but please let us know if you happen to experience the same trouble on some additional prints. We’ll keep this thread open until we’ve heard back. Let us know how it goes!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.