Code Release

I found the page where they discover one of my first-day livestream videos and launch into personal insults. Real classy place, that forum. It’s a sad bunch of insecure old men who nothing better to do than put down everyone else to justify their “professional” expertise.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?238771-Glowforge-release/page62

4 Likes

The more I read over there the sadder it gets.

That threads its full of ppl with no clue

Scott, thank you so much for working on this! I have been wondering how we could keep using our machines should the web app ever disappear. Your board will open up additional skills and customizations that aren’t currently possible. Bravo sir!

This might sound like a strange analogy, but I was really into the new SimCity computer game when it came out a couple of years ago. Sure there were lots of limitations and annoying bugs that frustrated everyone.

But, the attitude that won me over was the community members that acknowledged the problems and limitations, but said OK, how can we work around this problem to build what we want. As Youtuber “SkyeStorme” says “It is what it is.” We can either whine and complain about what we have, or we can appreciate what we can do with it while figuring out creative solutions to get what we want out of it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

IIRC, there’s a similarly long and disparaging thread over there about FSL. Pretty sure that forum played a big role in my initial choice not to get a FS back in 2012.

They may in fact have some valid points about GF (I’m not wading through all of the crap to find out) but some of the vitriol may just be the general tone/culture of that forum. Take it with a big fistful of salt, IMO.

2 Likes

I read through several pages. I found it to be mostly the same few “insecure old men” just basically shitting on Glowforge over and over again. It’s crazy to me that they have nothing better to do. (He says as he finishes his 4,350th post on the Glowforge forums.)

6 Likes

Fret not… I’m worse. :rofl:
(14,273)

4 Likes

Can’t wait for my warranty to expire!

Do you know either the model number of the fan or the CFM rating? I am redesigning my exhaust and needed a lower bound.

At one point Dan mentioned it was 200 CFM. Of course, where you measure makes a difference.

1 Like

The make/model and CFM ratings for all the fans are on the interconnect diagram on this page:

7 Likes

Great information! Thanks