Coffee

Most of the seasoned :glowforge: vets will probably think this to be quite simplistic, but I found an interesting saying on Shutterstock and it engraved nicely on medium :proofgrade: acrylic. I did a prototype on some scrap extruded acrylic and it turned out much coarser than the :proofgrade:, which is cast (of course I knew that would be the case before I started).

After having my :glowforge: for a year now, I’m still surprised and pleased at the simplest projects that can be done with some care and very little effort.

34 Likes

Looks great! (Love the saying! Juan Valdez approved!) :smile:

5 Likes

the worst thing about coffee is trying to make coffee in the morning before you’ve had any coffee.

19 Likes

Heh heh. Good one!

2 Likes

I only started drinking coffee about 5 years ago … But … It does understand.

4 Likes

This is why the Keurig was invented. To make that FIRST cup… THEN I can think well enough to grind the beans and make the REAL coffee! :rofl:

2 Likes

Nah. It’s so environmentalists can make their coffee fast so they’re not late to their protest meetings :wink:

5 Likes
5 Likes

Now that’s just outstanding.

Awesome

were they serious - about “kill the k cup before it kills our planet”? most of them now are compostable. And then there’s sanfrancisco bay coffee -even the bag is compostable!

Most compostable packaging is not composted. Buried in a landfill even natural organic materials generally don’t. The way landfills are built makes breakdown a long & very slow process.

Not to mention that the resources required to make a few dozen k-cups far exceeds the resources required to package an equivalent amount of coffee.

Personally I’m doing my part by never drinking coffee :wink:

1 Like

I prefer to roast my own, grind it, and brew it… but before I can even operate the grinder some days, coffee is essential! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:grinning: everyone else in the family drinks coffee. And tea.

I stick with Diet Coke.

2 Likes

That’s why energy drinks were invented. To give you the stamina and coordination to make that first cup of coffee.

1 Like

Nice. I just ordered some more high temp, food safe PLA for my 3D printer. Going to work on making my own Nespresso pods. I don’t use them often, but when I do, it adds up to $1.50 for a triple shot latté. It’s my coffee backup at work for when my home espresso machine hasn’t pre-heated for some odd reason (usually me forgetting to put it back on the autotimer). Trying to do this just because I can.

5 Likes

The mantra of a Maker :slightly_smiling_face:

We spend thousands so we can make things to save dollars :wink:

5 Likes