Coin Displays for 1969 and 1972

This project was something that just popped into my head one day. It all started with finding a 1969 Half Dollar coin. The display for the 1969 set has the moon with the Apollo command/service module in the background and the NASA logo where the Dollar coin would be (the U.S. did not produce dollar coins in 1969). The 1972 display has images from the Space Shuttle blueprints. I ended up using new clean untouched coins for the final displays. Each display is a wood layer(pine) and 2 layers of acrylic for the depth effect.

47 Likes

Very pretty! Love the blue color you got with the pine, it makes a great display! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Gorgeous! Collectors item for sure :smiley:

4 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Very nice. I have proof sets for both. One for my birth year (69) and one for my sister’s (72).

2 Likes

Very nice even looks better than what the professionals do.

2 Likes

1972 was a very good year. :grin:

These are lovely!

4 Likes

This looks great! Someone just last week was telling me they were collecting ‘proof’ sets (individually).

1 Like

I was going to say the same thing. :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s just lovely. I don’t believe I’ve seen a coin holder on this forum yet—you might be the first!

1 Like

These are really nice!

1 Like

These look fantastic, and the subtle engrave pushes this project to another level!