Col. Mustard in the Glowforge with a pipe

Remember Clue? Pretty sure my wife thinks I need to get one,

but @Jules, challenge answered:

In case folks were wondering how many letters fit on a mustard seed? It is one… And attempting to optically align that H onto a mustard seed was soooooo painful… (you can see a near miss on the tape from a corner of the mustard seed)

58 Likes

How long to you need to laser on a quinoa seed to make it pop :slight_smile:
Anyways, pretty awesome

9 Likes

Gahhhhhh! Well, i didn’t hang on to the title for long did I?

I believe a mustard seed trumps a grain of rice, therefore, the title is yours! :grin:

21 Likes

I guess sesame seed is next. Omg good job!

6 Likes

I love this battle!

I don’t have a GF at home right now, which is a shame, because I really want to have a go at a sesame seed.

25 Likes

Doctor - won
Patient - admitted

26 Likes

If only you had acess to one at work…

Also just checked, at least the sesame seeds I have are larger than the mustard seeds I have.

9 Likes

Looks like the letter is rounded… The start and stop point of the vector score has too much energy… The positioning resolution is greater than the stated 0.001"… Continuous autofocus doesn’t appear to be working… :wink:

Can you guess who I am pretending to be? No? Bet it’s because there are multiple correct answers.

23 Likes

Hold on! @Jules had 10 letters plus 2 spaces on the rice. The mustard seed only has an H.
Just kidding! Too awesome!
Just want to keep this awesome challange going! :yum: !

6 Likes

The other accomplishment here was I got an iPhone to focus on the surface of a mustard seed!

20 Likes

If you defocus the laser beam (or maybe not) can you pop popcorn? Hypothetically of course.

5 Likes

Why hypothetically, I say that’s the next challenge…

2 Likes

Food…M&M jig…

4 Likes

And I need to get back to work on some other things! ROFL! :smile:
(Lots of fun though with this…we’ll have to do another one sometime down the road.)

5 Likes

I posted the hypothetical M&M jig but now that @dan has joined the fray I can attest that it works in a non-hypothetical way :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

You fell into Dan’s trap! :wink:

2 Likes

You’re the one who started the whole Challenge Match with those hypothetical M&Ms of yours! Chuckle! :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve got another one I’ll post tonight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Damnit I’m at a fundraiser this evening… Gives @Jules too much of a head start… :grin:

5 Likes

Quit it you guys! I have got to get some other things done today! ROFL! :wink:

5 Likes