Collections in my catalog are not available or missing parts

I see them in the Home screen, opening them either gives me NOTHING, or not all my parts.

These are designs I’ve made on my own, and uploaded.

Assume you have been around long enough to know this but just in case.

If you have ever used the design and deleted any components during layout or when you close it out then those components are gone. The UI saves the last state before closing the layout window.

1 Like

You…have…got…to be kidding. That may be the most STUPID thing I’ve ever seen.

Literally WEEKS gone. Fantastic.

Also doesn’t explain why when I try and open one thing, it opens something from about 2 rows down. I think there is a bigger issue here. Because the thumbnail shows what it is SUPPOSED to be correctly.

This still is not resolved. Who do I need to speak to to get this restored and corrected?

If they are your own files, your only option is to upload them again. If they are Glowforge provided files, they can reset them to default.

I don’t have them any more, these were the first couple weeks I got my glowforge. I thought when we uploaded them, they were there forever and thus deleted the files.

Autosave
From now on, every design you create on your Glowforge will automatically save changes you make, as you make them. That means that if you close your browser, navigate to another page, or just hit refresh, your work will pick up right where you left off.

Should you make a change by mistake, you can use undo any time until you leave or refresh the page. If you want a clean start, you can always go to your dashboard and click the upload button to upload the file again. If you got the design from the catalog, then you can start fresh if you click on the three-dot icon and click “Reset Design” to remove all changes.

This was our most requested feature from customers like you - we’re excited to be able to launch it today!

1 Like

That’s great! For people who requested that stupid feature. Meanwhile, for everyone else that thought their files remained UNALTERED on their account, they’re screwed.

Besides that, as I said, there is another issue here. Files that were NEVER part of another file are showing up in ones that have nothing to do with one another. I.e a file full of the alphabet cutouts is now showing number cutouts instead of the alphabet, and vice versa. Something, is screwy.

I sincerely apologize for the late reply, and for any confusion. Thanks for posting the details about Autosave, @jbmanning5!

@willcfc, I’d like to take a look at some of the designs that aren’t showing up as you’d expect. If you don’t mind, could you please do the following for me?

1. Go to your Dashboard at app.glowforge.com
  2. Locate one of the designs experiencing the issues you described
  3. Right click on the name of the design, and choose Copy Link
  4. Reply to this post and paste the links you copied

If you prefer, you can also send these to us at support@glowforge.com. Thank you in advance!

They are unaltered, until we alter them. We have all been caught by that Will. It was a routine to delete any aspect of a file we didn’t need but after adapting to the feature, I think most of us would agree it’s a big time saver. After we have finally dialed in the optimum settings by trial and error, they are right there for us, and no need to dig through notes to find them again.

I had a HDD fail, and since I had deleted them from the dashboard (to save space because I had them on the hard disk) I feel your pain. The plus now is that the files are safe from the dreaded HDD bork.
Now I just drag what I don’t want of the file off the bed, or if it’s a separate opp just ignore them.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.