Combining Paths in AI

Guys, I am having a complete brain fart. How to I combine these paths to add the string/hook attachment to this peace sign? I am using Illustrator and cant for the life of me remember how to merge these two paths so that it cuts it out correctly… What is happening to me tonight?? haha Thank you so much for any help you can offer!!

As long as they are already compound paths you should just have to unite them in the pathfinder window.

This is true, but when uploaded to GF, this is how it comes out.

Sorry, I get up real early for work. However, it almost appears that you offset the paths. I have attached one if it works for you. If not, can you show me your layers panel and I can try to walk you through it.
Peace

5 Likes

See if this helps:

If not, upload your file and we can help you figure out what’s going wrong.

1 Like

It looks like somewhere you’ve ended up outlining your stroke. Can you use cmd y to check your outlines? So you have multiple filled shapes that look like lines but aren’t. Try using shape builder to connect the outside and inside outlines (you’ll need to touch the edges of them all). I hope that made sense, if not let me know and I’ll try to explain better.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.