I’ve got about 10 hours on mine so far with engraving and cutting. Probably 75% of my cutting has been on hardwoods, but the other 25% is a mix of leather, acrylic, and proof grade plywood. The only thing I haven’t cut on it is the “Draftboard” because it causes the filter to fill up roughly 10x the normal rate.
After 10 hours or so I am still on a “high 2” setting right now. I have also been using a “pre-filter” that is helping collect some of the bigger particles, which I believe is helping me keep my filter from filling up as fast. But I haven’t been running the pre-filter the entire time, maybe only the last 3-4 hours of using it.
Based on my testing, and the other folks that have done some testing on the forum, I would guesstimate that a filter is good anywhere from 20 hours (if you try to fill it up and only cut proofgrade draftboard or mdf) to 200 hours, if you are cutting mostly hardwood, tile, stone, etc. or things that generally don’t have a lot of particles that fly around. Adding a pre-filter is kind of “at your own risk” but may extend the life a tad.
For general/mixed use, you might be able to assume the filter is going to last around 100 hours of cutting/engraving time as long as you aren’t doing draft board. If you cut/engrave 8 hours a week, the filter would last you roughly 12 weeks or so, or about 3 months. 8 hours is actually QUITE a bit of cutting though, and I’d wager to say most people probably aren’t doing that unless they are using it semi-professionally. I was doing about 8-12 hours a week in Nov/Dec when I was getting ready for a craft show, but right now I’m only using it for occasional projects. (Still working on getting my Etsy shop advertised… hoping it will pick up again! )
Please take all these estimates with a huge grain of salt! As I still have yet to fill up my filter… But I think they are realistic based on my own testing/use.