Concentric Stellated Dodecahedrons

Hello, I’m Edward Harry.

The second of my layered polyhedra. This is two stellated dodecahedrons set inside each other.

Baltic birch. About 4.5 hours to assemble. Hmm (does math) 300 pieces, I think? Small scale, tight precise fit, you have to be sure your angles are perfect in your design. If you’re off by even a small amount it will blow the entire project on something like this.

I threw some fairy light in for kicks, because lights make things cooler.

Bonus pics of construction...

47 Likes

Please please do one in different shades for inner and outer shapes! These are SO cool. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Internal lights add even more to already cool piece. Love these layered pieces you’re coming up with. Very unique.

7 Likes

Love the lights, not seeing the hair?

Harry is as beautiful inside as out! The connectors are so clean and simple, brilliantly done.

3 Likes

I am always amazed at folks who can think and design in 3-d, especially for projects as complicated as this one! Love how the lights highlight all the angles and openings.

5 Likes

Awesome!!

3 Likes

Love these. Might need to try and make some in different sizes for hanging lights. So. Very. Cool!!!

4 Likes

This one is amazing too!

1 Like

Wow! Did you thread the lights in before or after assembly?

1 Like

After. Pretty easy to shove 'em in there, it’s just a random tangle of lights in the inner dodecahedron.

2 Likes

Self #necrogame

I still like this little guy :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Me too!

4 Likes

how do you even begin to design that. so cool!

3 Likes