Anyone else having slow, lagging times with the glowforge site?
No, the status page shows all clear. Try clearing your cache. https://statuspage.glowforge.com/
Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear your Glowforge is having some connectivity trouble. As @dklgood mentioned, we are not currently having any service issues.
I took a look at the logs for your unit just now and it looks like your Glowforge was able to connect successfully to your network, but it may be having trouble maintaining a stable connection. When this is the case, you won’t need to go through Wi-Fi setup again, but you may see an “Offline” message.
The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.
- Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
- Turn off your Glowforge
- Unplug your modem
- Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
- Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on
If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:
Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
- Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
- Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
- Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
- Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
- Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.
Please let me know how it goes after trying the steps above. Thank you!
Hello @christina.spadoni, its been a few days since we heard from you, so I wanted to check in. Are you still experiencing some connectivity trouble when using the Glowforge app? If so, please let us know and we’ll be happy to investigate further.
If the issue has been resolved, please let us know and we’ll go ahead and close this thread. Thank you!
Hi @christina.spadoni. It’s been a while since we’ve seen any responses, so we’ll go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to create a new thread, or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are running into any trouble still. We’ll be happy to help. Thank you!