Constant amber light, doesn't calibrate at power on

How is that venting working for you? I had planned to do the same - venting next to a window AC - but I was afraid that the fumes from the GF would be drawn back into the house.

1 Like

Well, I haven’t been able to get my GF to run a job yet, but window AC units don’t draw the air from the outside and blow it into the house… they draw air from inside the house, cool it down and blow it back into the house. All gaps around the window vent have been sealed with foam then taped up. I wouldn’t say it’s “air right” but I imagine it’ll be “good enough for now”.

7 Likes

Air conditioners condition the air inside your house. They don’t suck in air from the outside. However it’d technically be possible for that air to be blown in by wind when the air conditioner is off.

Edit: Oops. I see @SDB_Guitars beat me to that.

2 Likes

There was initially some bubbles in the coolant when I switched it on the first time, but we’re completely purged within a minute, and never to be seen again.

If they don’t completely clear, with the clue of possible leakage would suggest to me there is an open in the system somewhere. Hopefully not, but support will get to the bottom of it.

Just curious. Voice of experience? Is there a negative or positive pressure in the system?

1 Like

+2.
(1 for each machine I’ve had)

2 Likes

Common sense. No idea what the contents of the fluid. Plus the unit is still under warranty.

3 Likes

Yeah, done a lot of looking, including with an inspection mirror, but haven’t messed with anything - with the exception of opening the tray to retrieve a needed tiny piece that found it’s way in there.
Even upon expired warranty I would be hesitant.

1 Like

Is the cooling system completely closed? Sure looks like that coil of glass at the right side of the cooling chamber around the laser tube has an open end for pressure relief in order to allow the coolant to purge all the air out of the system.

Unfortunately, I’ve determined we need to replace your unit. We’ll email you in just a moment to make arrangements – it’s our goal to have you printing on a new unit quite quickly!

10 Likes