Constant fast ticking noise in fan

I’ve had my GF Pro for over a year now. I’ve just noticed within that past few days that when I turn it on it starts making a very fast ticking noise. I think it may have something to do with the fan because if I let it sit a few minutes and the fans stops running, the noise goes away. As soon as I start cutting, it starts again and doesn’t quit until it sits idle and the fan stops running. Any ideas what this could be?? Thanks!

1 Like

Sounds to me like there’s something stuck on a fan blade…like a piece of tape or masking?

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! It does maybe sound like there could be tape stuck in the fan…

1 Like

Mine does this too but there is no tape or anything in the way, it started after they did a major upgrade to the gfui, not sure if they pushed a firmware update or whatever but it’s not just you for sure

1 Like

That’s good to know - thanks so much! I was worried something may be wrong or I was going to have to get in the fan somehow. I’ve unattached the hose but cant see anything or seem to find anything that’s stuck.
Thanks for letting me know that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m wondering if it’s part of some kind of system check, it kind of reminds me of a pinball machine when it first turns on and does bumper and flipper checks.

1 Like

It does kinda sound like that. lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.