Constantly Cooling Down

My GlowForge Pro is constantly pausing to “Cool Down”. All fans are clean, no kinks in the duct hose, the room is 63 degrees, i have a fan blowing to the bottom right of the unit, smoke is flowing through the duct fan and out through the window, all lenses and mirrors are clean. When not in use, i keep the lid open to make sure its cooled off. Files that I have cut for weeks with no issues are now constantly pausing. A 20 min cut will stop 2-3 times and now take over an hour. There are no obstructions in or around the machine. I turned the central heat off in my house to allow the room to stay cool but now i’m just cold and annoyed.

It might be too cold. Min operating temp is 65.

Actually, all the specs say the GF can operate at 60F or above. But I ran my Pro today at 56F without a problem and last winter I would not see a yellow light until the room temp was 53F or below. That’s the room temp immediately after turning it on, with no time for the unit to warm up.

2 Likes

A friend I suggested that i run the GF with the internal fan instead of the external duct fan. I noticed more smoke escaped through the front. I stopped the print so the room wouldn’t fill up with smoke and restarted the cut with the external fan. No smoke issues once I switched but then of course it paused 5 min into the cut to “Cool Down.”

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.