Continuous Autofocus?

Noticed last night that the red laser was on during a cut - did continuous autofocus get pushed out in the last update? Or did I just not notice it until now?

13 Likes

I can’t say for sure, but I believe the red laser is actually offset by quite a bit from the cutting laser…so you may just be seeing fire. :slight_smile:

I am 100% sure it is laser, picture is not the best. Is on/near the cutting laser. Ill see if I can upload a video.

EDIT: gif

VideoToGif_GIF

9 Likes

Not according to the Oct 30 update. Could be a precursor to it?

Hey look at that, definitely on during the cut. Maybe it will be working soon!

7 Likes

Ooo, the red dot looks so… laser-y.

3 Likes

Every tool I ever took out of its box remains exactly as it emerged - except this one. The continuing evolution of the glowforge is inspiring. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Or a fix for inconsistent :proofgrade: cuts in the case of ever-so-slightly warped material?

2 Likes

Just checked no red laser on my PRU during a cut. Not even sure how they could align the cut line and the red laser. It all looks fixed to me and normally it is offset by an inch or so. (Or is this a joke to make the gullible guy look foolish?)

2 Likes

This is why I said what I said. I don’t see how this is possible either.

1 Like

Red light from the beam that wasn’t absorbed by the material? :slightly_smiling_face:

You’re all welcome to try, this was :proofgrade: maple hardwood.

Which is why I made a post about it, because I’ve not seen anything like this before.

1 Like

Not saying you are mistaken. Just saying that as of this minute mine doesn’t do what you say. Tried Proofgrade Maple Plywood. Will try the hardwood and if I see different will edit this post. Never know what a new update will bring.

Edit: Nothing

1 Like

Very weird.

Maybe after all the calibrating my unit was doing this weekend it gained sentience.

6 Likes

This could be some A/B testing going on.

REF: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A/B_testing

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything like this before - I can’t figure out if it’s an unusual artifact of the way your video is being shot, or a bug. Please post over in P&S for them to take a look at.

4 Likes

The plot thickens! Will do.

1 Like