Converting Font

Can anyone help me with font conversion, I have spent three hours now with no success.

What program?

Inkspace

If the font has been converted to paths then you cannot alter it. The text is no longer text as understood by any design program. It’s just a sequence of paths. If it has not yet been converted to paths you can just double ( or triple) click the text and drag the cursor to highlight the entire text. Then just select a different font in the font type box near the top of the screen.

1 Like

I have followed all the instructions on how to convert the fonts, but when I upload it to the Glowforge, I can see it on the left side, but when I select print it tells me I don’t have anything uploaded. I have tried both Safari and Chrome.

1 Like

So you’re converting to outlines?

If not, select the text, and then Path > Object to Path.

Yes

Before saving as an SVG for GF upload the text must be converted to paths. Select the text object, go to the Path menu and select object to path. Save as an SVG and upload to the GF. GF does not understand text. It can only understand paths. Once converted it can not be altered, so if you intend to change fonts or sizes then save a non-converted copy for editing.

1 Like

Upload the file here so we can look at what you are sending to the GF.

1 Like

Thank you for your help… I managed to finally do it!

Tip: right before you convert the font to path, save a version so that if you want to go back and change the text, you do not have to start from scratch.

1 Like

Thank you for the amazing help everyone!

@deanjoncas85 I’m glad that you were able to get your file uploaded and working as expected!

I’m going to close this thread. Should you run into any other trouble please either open a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!

1 Like