Cool wooden glasses

@iliketomakestuff just uploaded to YouTube a super cool video making a pair of wooden sunglasses, and he said that want to try to make another pair, so… How about a GF :glowforge: wooden sunglasses? :sunglasses:

35 Likes

Having learned (here in the forum) that polarizing film is laser-cuttable, I see a great many acrylic-lens, polarized, wood-framed sunglasses being made on glowforges.

20 Likes

My last pair of specs have a broken frame. The lenses are still pretty good although my prescription changed. Definite project for this weekend. Been thinking of this and using the trace on the Glowforge. Although I do have to finish the compass rose. I have some more veneers that I can use to make up the rest of the colors.

6 Likes

I was wondering why he didn’t just use the Glowforge to cut out the veneers (and maybe even the temples.) Probably because most of his audience doesn’t have access to a laser cutter. Still would have been cool to demonstrate how much faster / more accurate a laser cutter is (and conversely, that you can still get great results doing things by hand!)

3 Likes

He did a great job doing them by hand, that’s why I’d like to see the second pair made with the GF.

2 Likes

Awesome! I didn’t know you were here @iliketomakestuff ! Big fan!

1 Like