Cooling issues making me sad...and mad

The only reason I mentioned it was because I have seen quite a few owners threaten to demand their money back. Some because there is a legitimate problem, some because they expected more of the machine or themselves.
Money back before acceptance, easy. Money back after acceptance, doubtful.

2 Likes

Update. No heat at all in my house 65degrees 4 inch elevation, fan, door open and it cooled for 10 mins 23 seconds on a 1:06 engrave on PG leather. I am beginning to loathe this thing and so wish I had spent my money elsewhere. I went to a trade show on 11-1 and looked at the epilog. I was afraid of their software. They were having trouble with it so I knew I would really have trouble. I am just angry that this is obviously a problem, a problem that I donā€™t see a resolution to. I had a car one time that I had to turn the steering wheel to the left and blow the horn to get the fan to cut on. I donā€™t like work arounds especially on expensive new items, blocks of wood, fans, doors open in the middle of winter, just totally ridiculous.

I get being upset. From what I see, support is trying to help you get squared away. They asked for room temp (which you gave) and photos of your exhaust set up - where it connects to your laser and where it exits/vents out - to help them troubleshoot. There is a process for troubleshooting, and it involves parties on both ends. If you can help them by giving them what they ask for, they can help you.

If itā€™s a problem with the machine, theyā€™ll get it taken care of. Thatā€™s what the warranty is for.

2 Likes

Yes I emailed them everything they asked for. Pictures of the exhaust attached and unattached, where it was vented. They have it all. The pictures were sent in a separate email I assume they got them.

I just resent all of the pic along with a new one. I set it to cut out one of 3 images and the fill in the blank thing ruined all 3 it literally cut them right down the middle. I am so done with this. I havenā€™t found a way to add a photo to this or I would post it along with a video of it telling me itā€™s through cutting when it is clearly still cutting. Just breath.

For future reference, it probably would have been faster to post the requested photos here so theyā€™re in the same support ticket, instead of sending an email which opens a new ticket so they have to figure out which request they go with.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we canā€™t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so Iā€™m recommending we replace this one. Iā€™ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. Iā€™m so sorry about the bad news.