Copy / Paste Again

Iv’e seen this in 2 past posts - But I am having this trouble.

I load an earring file and then Copy and Paste the first one to make 2 and place them. Then choose another earring design and copy and paste it. Then I do a third but it moves my last Paste to the spot instead of what I copied. If I hit paste again, it will paste the FIRST thing I pasted. I then hit paste again and it will paste the right item.

THEN I moved each earring to its proper place and cut the design. The first two pasted items turned into the Third pasted item…even though they appeared to be the ones I wanted. See pictures.

Sounds confusing…but it keeps happening. Using Windows 10 and Firefox 67.0.2.
I have ruined quite a few things now due to this.

I am sorry to say that I am a little confused about 1st, 2nd and 3rd earring. I suggest you copy and paste each of the three designs in a new file and upload the new file. You will have six earrings that you can place wherever you wish, and you won’t be dealing with any copy/paste confusion with the Glowforge interface. I know you are able to do your own work around and really want an answer to the copy/paste issue. However, in the interest of producing results without ruining more material this is what I would do.

3 Likes

That is weird stuff. Were you able to repeat the behavior using a different browser? Just throw some cardboard in there and see.

So the image was the big lotus flipped but actually showed the smaller lotus and then it was overlapped. I don’t recall seeing this type of behavior before.

If I’m reading this right, by the time you have the third item pasted (for the third time to get the right one), you should have three each of the first two designs, right? The original, the paste, and the fake paste from the third design. Im assuming from there you delete the extra one pasted when trying to get the third design copied, but is it possible you accidentally deleted one of the real ones? Also, what happens if you load all three designs, and do one copy pasta all at once? Like @marmak3261 suggested, throw some cardboard or some other scrap item in and give it a whirl until you figure stuff out. No sense wasting more material.

Man, my glowforge does this all the time. I swear to God, I am sick and tired of this machine. They spent more time on propaganda than actually improving their products. This company has been glorified and made wealthy by morons like us who continue to buy their disgusting products.

Funny, Glowforge censored my opinion of this sorry excuse for a laser. My laser always does this amongst many other things and I’ve only had it 5 months. At 1000 dollars per month I could have hired a pretty awesome laser operator to do all this work for me.

Just an FYI to the other forum members. The posts above had strong opinions but it’s not our place to flag opinions, no matter how negative. If it is personal against other forum members or uses offensive language then fine, flag away. If it is political or otherwise a major hot button social issue then fine, flag away. But the two posts previous were not that. Let the company decide if the posts are offensive to them.

4 Likes

I consider it offensive to troll other people’s support tickets and distract attention away from their problems. Especially by someone who doesn’t take the time to follow the troubleshooting steps Support has asked him to do in his own ticket, so they can help him solve his problem. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Just FYI…Glowforge doesn’t ever censor anyone’s opinion on this forum. But if other customers see a problem with the content of a post, they can flag it. Glowforge will then decide whether to uphold the flag. The first comment was likely flagged for the implied insult of calling everyone here morons. (Even if you did include yourself in the category.)

Generally though, opinions are allowed, so the flags are likely to be overturned in review.

Regarding the problems you are having with your machine, I saw that @Vee, a staff member trying to help you, replied to your post here seven days ago asking for information from you in order to diagnose what the issue was with your machine, and you never responded with that information. So I’m sorry, but they are probably still waiting to hear back from you before they continue with the diagnosis.

The best thing for you to do at this point is go back to your original thread below and answer the questions so they can continue to diagnose the issues with your machine, and they will let you know what the next steps are going to be.

You want to respond on your own thread. It helps them to find it easily. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@corkhats, I’m so sorry for the trouble you’ve had. Your criticisms of us are welcome and sound like they’re justified based on the experience you’ve had.

Please refrain from name-calling others in the forum. I’m going to reverse the rest of the flags. I’d normally move the rest of your posts to the topic you started so we can find them in one place and keep this topic focused on helping @miri, but I’m on a plane and that’s more than my thumbs are cable of at the moment.

8 Likes

I’m so sorry about the trouble you ran into with copying and pasting in the app. We’re seeing this, too, and the team is looking into it now. In the meantime, I was able to work around this issue by returning to the Dashboard by clicking the Glowforge logo in the upper left hand corner after Uploading a new file, before proceeding to copy and paste or add any additional artwork. Thanks again for letting us know about this.